Visit by appointment only
Visit not possible from January 10th to January 19th.
New art contest
Valley of the Passion
no end date yet
KAIROS. The Right Moment
Christian Zott takes you on a journey through 2,000 years of European art with paintings by Wolfgang Beltracchi and photographs by Mauro Fiorese.
Visit only upon request
The mSE Kunsthalle is closed on the following holidays - New Year's Day, Good Friday, May 1st, November 1st, Chistmas Eve, Chistmas Day, December 26th, New Year's Eve
Updated on December 22nd
The 2G+ rule applies as well as a mandate for FFP2 masks. You can only visit with a valid certificate of vaccination or recovery in addition to a valid negative test certificate.
14 days after a booster shot, a test certificate is no longer required.
The 2G+ rules applies three months after the 12th birthday without exception. Children below twelve are not subject to the 2G rule.
Children under six do not need to wear a mask. Children and adolescents aged six to 14 must wear a medical mask (or an FFP2 mask alternatively).
Students that are testing regularly do not need to provide a test certificate.
The general hygenic rules and the distance rule (1.5 m) apply.
House rules and fine print
We welcome all visitors and hope to ensure an inspiring and pleasant visit to our museum and the sculpture garden. We kindley ask you to observe the following rules and notices that serve to guarantee the safety of the artworks and the quality of their presentation.
Access to the exhibition
- The exhibition space of the mSE Kunsthalle is barrier free, the sculpture garden (grawel paths with low incline) can be accessed with strollers and wheelchairs.
- Please park only in the designated parking spots. The court in front of the mSE Kunsthalle must remain accessible to firetrucks and ambulances at all times.
- The Access to the office or conference rooms on the ground floor (doors marked "mSE") is not permitted.
- Bulky objects without medical purpose (umbrellas, backpacks, hiking sticks etc.) have to be deposed at the reception. You are welcome to carry a handbag. There are no lockers.
- Bicycles, scooters and comparable vehicles are not allowed indoors or in the sculpture garden.
- The sculpture garden may be visited with leashed dogs. In the exhibition, dogs or other animals (without medical purpose) are not allowed even when carried.
- The restrooms are accessible to our guests only.
Rules for the exhibition space and the sculpture garden
- In the entire mSE Kunsthalle and the sculpture garden smoking is not allowed. You are welcome to smoke at the ashtray in the court in front of the museum. Please inform the staff at the reception, should you wish to reenter after your break.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the mSE Kunsthalle and the sculpture garden, as is eating and drinking.
- You may not touch the artworks in the mSE Kunsthalle. Please keep a distance from the artworks of at least 50 cm (2 ft).
- All visitors are liable for all damages they may have caused. Parents or supervisors are liable for their children's behaviour. They are required to supervise their children and to ensure the safety of the artworks and the observance of the house rules.
- With consideration of other visitors, we ask you, not to make or take calls in the exhibition, and to mute your mobile phone. Please use headphones for our exhibition app.
Filming and taking pictures
- You are welcome to photograph for non commercial use (no flash please).
- Requests for commercial use or filming via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the instructions of the staff at all times.
Combination: Kunsthalle and sculpture garden
€9,50 (regular), €7 (reduced), €2 (kids)
Kunsthalle (without sculpture garden)
€7 (regular), €5 (reduced), 2€ (kids)
€4 (regular), €3 (reduced), €1 (kids)
€80 (per group), €150 (with the curator)
Reduced entrance fee for students, people with disabilities and inhabitants of the Ammer Valley (PLZ: 82435, 82433, 82488, 82487, 82442, 82497). Kids are considered to be seven to seventeen years old. Children younger than seven are admitted without charge. There are no other reductions (for example for senior citicens, artists or ICOM-card ownres). Members of the press may not generally enter without charge. Please make an appointment in advance.
Guided Tours generally (not now, though, Covid!) take place on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 am. Individual guided tours and the guided tour with the curator can be booked via email@example.com. In need to buy a ticket to enter in addition to the price of the guided tour.
SICHTUNG IV in der Oberpfalz
Die Raum- und Klangskulptur von Hildegard Rasthofer und Christian Neumaier war den Sommer 2021 über in Flossenbürg zu besichtigen, wo die Skulptur aus der Sammlung der mSE Kunsthalle noch weiter steht. MEHR DAZU
Crucifix II by Ernst Barlach in the local church
Seit dem Winter 2020 hängt das Kruzifix II von Ernst Barlach aus dem Jahr 2018 als Leihgabe in St. Nikolaus. MEHR DAZU